Small Tattoo on Wrist Laser Removal? (photo)

I got a tattoo about 6 months ago and I'm really not too fond of it, I don't dislike the meaning but I don't like that it's on my wrist. I figure it's better to get rid of it now than waiting until it's even harder to get off. It's small about 1/2" X 2" on my wrist in all black, my skin is very fair too. I would like to know what a reasonable estimate would be for it's laser removal cost. I'm a college student and money is in short supply, but I am willing to take the cost on this mistake.

Laser Tattoo Removal Cost

+1

The cost per session to have your tattoo removed would be approximately $150.  Multiple sessions would be required.  We never tell patients that they will need a certain number of treatments. Each tattoo respond differently to the laser. Some clear up very quickly while others are much more persistent.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Small tattoo

+1

You can expect to pay 100-250 per treatment.  The number of treatments is not always predicable.  A Revlite laser or a Candela Trivantage should work.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Black Tattoo

+1

Black tattoos are the easiest to remove. This can be done with a Q switched NdYag 1064 laser. Our office would charge $100 a treatment for a tattoo this size. This would take between 6-8 sessions. 

Prices vary quite a bit depending on the region. 

Good luck

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist