I have skin sagging around corners of my mouth & chin that makes me look old. What procedure is best to remove this? (photo)

I have skin sagging around the corners of my mouth and it makes me look old. what would be my best procedure to remove the sagging around my chin?

Mini lift

+3
You have excess skin from aging that his forming the deep nasolabial folds and marrionette lines. Its early so a mini or short scar facelift should be fine.  You have adequate volume so I wouldn't recommend fat grafting.  Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Skin Sagging Around the Mouth

+3
Jeana - today we have so many options to offer for improvement of sagging skin.

The simplest options would be fillers improve the appearance of lines and sculpt and build volume around the face.  I often use these fillers in combination with a procedure for skin tightening - in our office we you RF technology.  These procedures are performed over a number of sessions but have the advantage of no pain, no down time and no scars!!

If you are looking for more drastic results then you can consider surgical options such as a facelift.  The particular procedure that will benefit you the most should be discussed in person with the Board Certified Surgeon of your choice.  Look for someone with significant experience in facial surgery.

Jason Altman, MD

Facelift may be the best option for loose skin around the mouth and lower face

+2
Thank you for your question and photograph.  Dermal fillers are a nonsurgical option however especially around the mouth and corners of the mouth I find dermal fillers often disappointing.

Generally speaking a facelift is the most effective modality treatment lower face, jawline and neck aging changes.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Facelift

+2
You have loose skin of your cheeks that is producing a squaring-off  appearance of your face.
You are an excellent candidate for a face lift with an associated neck tightening.  
For a more detailed recommendation I would recommend a personal consultation with a plastic surgeon

John M. Griffin, MD

Sagging around corners of mouth and chin

+1
A facelift would be the procedure I would recommend for you to correct the sagging around the corners of your mouth and chin.  A facelift addresses excess skin laxity in the lower third of the face caused normal aging.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of facelifts.  Explore your options and make an informed decision.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation Options for Sagging Skin Around the Chin

+1
It really depends on the exact nature of the issue. You may be able to get a significant improvement with fillers or fat grafting. Some patients may require a facelift procedure to address the jowling process, while others may need both volume restoration and surgery.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

You are an example of a good candidate for facelift

+1
I think you would benefit from a full facelift which includes correction of everything from the lower eyelids to the clavicle. If this is too much surgery for now. Some camouflage could be done with fillers.

What would be the best procedure to improve the sagging around the corners of my mouth and sagging around my chin?

+1
I think the procedure that would give you the most bang for your buck would be a facelift with perhaps fat injections along the marionette line and the grooves between your chin and jowl

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for Skin Tightening

+1
Thermage® is now a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after!

Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Comfort Pulse Technology, including a vibrating handpiece delivers enhanced patient comfort.

On the face, Thermage® can treat sagging skin, loose jowls, lack of definition in the jaw line, sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”), wrinkles and fine lines, and lack of definition in the lips. Around the eyes, Thermage® can treat under eye bags, hooding, rough texture on the eyelids, wrinkles and fine lines, and other contributors to tired looking eyes. Elsewhere on the body, Thermage® can treat wrinkled, crepey, sagging or bulging skin as well as the appearance of cellulite!

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Skin sagging around corners of my mouth & chin

+1
Dear jeana, thank you for your question. Facelift surgery can dramatically improve the cheeks, temple area, jawline, and neck. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can offer a variety of options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon