Heading Back to Work After BBL, What Can I do to Prevent Damage While Sitting all Day at my Desk?

I got my bbl last we and its almost time for me to go back to work.problem is that I work in a office whcih is sitting down 8 hrs a mon to fri ..what can I do to prevent damage to my bbl?please help!!thank you in advance

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Returning to work after a Brazilian butt lift

+2

The Brazilian butt lift is beautiful and effective way to contour your torso, create a flat tummy, a small waist, sculpted back, full hips, and round new bottom. For our patients here Miami, we inform them that the recovery process is a crucial stage in attaining the results you are looking for. We recommend that they place no weight or pressure on to their butt for at least 3 to 4 weeks. When the patient returns work we recommend that the use a specialized cushion that will allow them to sit on their posterior thighs and not put pressure on to their bottom. In our practice, patients can also obtain a specialized chair that has a very thin seat that will allow them to sit on the back of their thighs and have their bottom hanging off with no pressure whatsoever. Many of our patients by multiple chairs so that they can use this at their desk at work or at home while eating or watching television. Your best bet is to be sure you are working with a plastic surgeon board-certified by the American board of plastic surgery who can closely monitor your results and adjust your postoperative regimen as your activity changes so that you can achieve the results you are looking for

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/brazilian_butt_lift_photos.htm

Brazilan Butt Lift and Sitting

+2

For transferred fat cells to survived the blood supply must be able to attach itself to these cells and feed them. Nothing interferes more with this processes of graft immobility than movement cursed by sitting related compression and decompression. It will interfere with vascularization of the graft. 

There is no substitute for rest and immobility. You may want to try doing your job standing or sitting on the back of your thighs without putting pressure on your buttocks. Discuss it with your surgeon. 

How long should you not sit after Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

This is one of those questions that patients should always ask their surgeon PRIOR to surgery.  You need to know how long you need to take off work to obtain a good result and prevent loss of your fat cells.  If your surgeon is experienced with this procedure, they should discuss with your prior to surgery what you will need to do after surgery.  If you can not follow the recommendations that your surgeon gives you to get a good result, then you shouldn't have the surgery.  I would not recommend returning to work after one week.  But, if your surgeon gets beautiful results and all of his patients return to work at one week, then maybe it is ok.

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com