Can Silkpeel Dermalinfusion Make Dermal Melasma Worse?

I have been managing my melasma (which developed after I had Fraxel 1.5 years ago) fairly well until I fell asleep under a skylight in my house and had a new flare up on my upper lip. It's mixed dermal and epidermal. I was referred by a derm to silkpeel and it sounds like a good option when paired with skin brighteners but the last thing I want to do is make the new patch darker so I'm hoping to learn more about the real risks of silkpeel to people like myself.

Silkpeel microdermabrasion for melasma

Silkpeel dermalinfusion with lumixyl is generally quite helpful for melasma, along with proper sunscreen, and possibly a home fading/bleaching system. However, you may have more of a post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from your previous Fraxel treatment rather than true melasma. I would speak with a dermatologist about the best treatment option and avoiding triggers that may worsen your skin e.g. hormones, sun, irritation etc.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon