Do Silicone Overs Drop and Fluff?

I am 11 days post op. Just wondering if my current size and look well change much? If so, how? Larger, smaller? Am I still l swollen?

Breast Implants “Drop and Fluff”?

+2

Thank you for the question.  Although I am not able to give you  advice specific to your situation, generally speaking, breast implants of both types (saline and silicone)  tend to “settle” over the course of the first few months after surgery.  As this process occurs, patients often do tell me  that they feel that their breasts appear larger;  thus the term "drop and fluff".  Also as the breast implants “settle”, the nipple/areola complexes appear to “rise” on the breast mounds.

Settling implants

+1

You can expect your implants to 'drop' with time and  hopefully it will still be satisfactory to you.  If you find yourself thinking they  are perfect and you're still early in your recovery, you may want to check with your surgeon about wearing a supportive bra to help maintain 'perfect' and avoid further settling.  Please let your surgeon help you through your recovery process.

Curtis Wong, MD

Drop and fluff?

+1

Hello. At only 11 days post op your current look and size will definitely change. I would expect the implants will definitely drop some which could be seen as larger to some patients. Over all it is best to give your implants time before worrying too much about their appearance. I would talk to your surgeon about these questions since he would know the most about your specific case.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Silicone breast implant over muscle

+1

It is normal at 11 days to be bit swollen after silicone breast implants but this should resolve quickly. If you have not had children the skin will be tighter and take a longer time to stretch. Within a few months the upper pole will be less full and the breast will take on a more natural shape. This will happen more quickly with smaller implants and in women who have stretched the skin from breast feeding. At this point your breasts should be getting smaller or staying the same. If they are getting larger you should call your surgeon to examine you again to be sure there is no problem. Good luck!

William LoVerme, MD

Silicone Implants In Subglandular Plane and Settling Time

+1

Implants in the subglandular plane will definitely stretch the envelope over time.  At 11 days, swelling is probably a factor as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Silicone implants

+1

At 11 days post-op your breasts are probably swollen and tight.  They will soften over time and the swelling will improve, but it will probably take several months.