Whenever I smile, these wrinkles appear out of nowhere right under my eyes. Some smile lines are ok, but I think this just looks plain hideous. I'm only 16 yo and if it gets worse with age, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. I know I have hollow eyes, but I don't know if this has something to do with the wrinkles. I have read botox could be a solution, but isn't it too risky right under your eye? Aren't there any other solutions, like surgery? Thank you.
I Have Severe Under Eye Wrinkles when I Smile. How Can I Get Rid of Them, I'm Only 16? (photo)
Doctor Answers 1
Eye lines at 16
Thank you for your question about treatment of eye wrinkles,
- the lines are forming because you smile with your eyes. This is good.
- The orbicularis muscle is creating the wrinkles.
- Botox is highly effective - do every 3 months x 2 years.
- Botox is safe around the eyes, if done by an experience physician,
- Uour skin looks red from the sun - large dark glasses, hats, sun block are important to preventing early aging around the eyes.
- Hope this helps. Best wishes.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.