How Often Do You See the Plastic Surgeon, After the Surgery?

I had a face/neck lift performed a couple of months ago and have been extremely pleased--couldn't be happier. I saw my doctor 5 days post-op, at stitch removal, and he was also pleased with what he saw. He said he didn't need to see me again for another 6 months, and that's it. He and his staff have always been responsive, but I was a little surprised by the lack of a need or want to see me after (what I considered) fairly extensive surgery. Are post-op visits typically that infrequent?

Frequency of follow up visits after facelift surgery

+1

Every surgeon will answer this question differently. I prefer to see my patients at days 1,3, and 7 after the surgery for monitoring/guiding the healing process and providing moral support.

The next few visits are usually at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, unless issues arise that would be better to watch more frequently.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1

Follow up appointments are at the discretion of a surgeon I like to see people at 1 week, 4 week,3 month, 6 month and yearly but if there are no issues you could probably get away with less

Follow up after Face and Neck Lift

+1

Glad to hear the surgery went well and you are happy. In the first month following surgery, I tend to see my patients at least once a week. Immediately post surgery I will see the patient within a day or two. Every case is different, your doctor might not have seen the necessity to see you as often..but I personally think one visit within six months isn’t enough.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Followup after Facelift

+1

If the stitches are removed, you have no fluid collections, and you are happy with the results, you may not need further followup.  However, it is not uncommon to have a followup after surgery, at the time of suture removal, in a few weeks, and in a few months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php

Follow up after Facelift Surgery

+1

In our practice we see patients the next day, at 4-5 days for suture removal, 4 weeks, 3 months and six months- up to one year. However, the most important thing is that you are comfortable with how you look and feel. If you have concerns, you should contact your doctor and schedule a follow up on your own.

Web reference: http://sandiegoface.com/facelift/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Every surgeon recommends a different post-operative appointment schedule

+1

Every surgeon recommends a different post-operative appointment schedule. If there are no healing issues, it is typical to see patients 1-2 days following facelift, one week, one month, three months, six months and 12 months following surgery. Every surgeon has different thoughts about this but the most important point of your post is that you're happy. That's what we all shoot for. Congratulations!

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Close follow up after facelift is best.

+1

Hi.

You have a good result and every surgeon's routine is different, so I would not second guess your surgeon.  Our own routine is post operative visits at 2 days, 5 days, 10 days, three weeks, three months, and six months.

Frequency of postoperative visits

+1

Each practice has different protocol regarding postoperative care. We typically see the patient the day after surgery, four days after, seven days after, and then one month, three months, six months, and one year. Thereafter, patients will be seen as needed.

Post op visits after facelift

+1

In my practice I see patients the day after surgery and a week later. Beyond that every few months for the first year just to keep in touch and monitor the patients progress. It may not be absolutely necessary but I think it gives the patients and me some peace of mind.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/knowledge-base/cosmetic-surgery-options/face-neck/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Often To See Your Plastic Surgeon After Surgery

+1

I see patients the next day and four days after surgery. I also see my patient after seven days, three weeks, three months, six months, one year, and annually thereafter.