I Can See No Results on my Acne Scars Even After Fractional Co2 Laser? Normal?

Fractional Laser Treatment Results

+1

Thank you for your question. The result will depend on the severity of the acne scars. Multiple treatments may be required. I would recommend consulting under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Treatment of acne scarring with Fractionated CO2 laser

+1

Acne scarring is difficult to treat because it is a deep dermal problem.  The fractional laser energy does a good job at smoothing out the superficial irregularities but it has a difficult time with these deeper scars.  The Cynosure SmartXide laser has the capability of stacking the pulses to penetrated deeper into the scar.  The deeper the treatment and the closer together the dots then the more prolonged the healing as well.  Complete healing takes 4 - 6 months to achieve.

Acne Scarring and Fractional CO2 Laser

+1

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing can greatly improve acne scarring.   The settings used will determine the amount of down time and amount of expected improvement.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Are No Results Normal?

+1

With a Fractional laser treatment, the beauty of the procedure is the minimal downtime, which sometimes deceives a patient into thinking that once the initial redness is gone, that the full final result of the laser treatment has been achieved. This is not the case. Fractional laser treatments kick in the collagen making process in your skin's cells. This process can continue for several months after the treatment has been performed, and your skin should continue to improve somewhat over the next several weeks. Perhaps you should discuss how aggressively the treatment can be done with  your practioner to determine a final result that will be both reasonable and pleasing.

Best Wishes 

Evan Manolis, MD
Orland Park Plastic Surgeon

Results after fractional CO2

+1

The purpose of fractional CO2 lasers is to minimally ablate the skin, and cause more damage underneath, which then works its way up to affect the top layers. It takes time. You won't see results overnight, but you will see them in the coming months. Give it time. I don't know when you had the procedure, but you should follow up with your physician if you have questions about your results.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD