What Alternatives To Accutane Can Correct Sebacious Hyperplasia and Hypertrophic/Keloid Scarring On Nose?

Two problems on my nose. How can I treat the Sebaceous Hyperlasia without using Accutane(Derm offered it, but I refused)? What can I do about the raised scars? These scars have a psychological impact on me. One is 3 months old and other is 12 years old. My dermatologist (5 years practice) won't help me much more. He just gave me medication to treat acne. I live in southern tip of Texas and can't find an experienced dermatologist who could treat these problems.

Sebaceous hyperplasia and scars on the nose can be best treated with laser resurfacing

With light colored skin it is easy to resurface the nose using a fractionated CO2 laser or a standard CO2 laser.  The standard resurfacing treats the entire skin area and requires about 14 days of healing time.  The fractionated laser treats a fraction of the skin (with tiny areas of normal skin left in between) and takes about 5 days to heal.  A board certified Dermatologist who specializes in laser surgery would be the physician to talk to regarding your treatment.  Best to you.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon