I have sebaceous hyperplasia on my face. Is a treatment with acid a good option?

My dermatologist is going to treat them with an acid at a cost of $500.00. Do you think this is a good option? Thank You. Deborah

Sebaceous Hyperplasia Treatment

+1
Sebaceous hyperplasia is basically dilated or enlarged oil glands.  They are deep under the skin, typically that requires a treatment that penetrates deeply into the skin.  I have never found that acid works well for this and often leaves scars or the glands recur.  Electric needle or fractionated laser (resurfacing or non-ablative Fraxel) are usually the best.  Sometimes if you have many, isotretinoin can clear these completely without recurrence.  I would suggest getting another opinion from a cosmetic dermatologist with experience treating this condition.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.