Will I get the same results with ResurFX as with other IPL treatments?

How is it different than the other IPL treatments that my doctor offers?

ResurFx vs IPL

+2
ResurFx is a non-ablative fractionated laser (NAFL). ResurFx is a module on a device that ALSO includes an intense pulsed light (IPL) module, called the M22 IPL.

ResurFx and other NAFL created fine channels of heat which lead to increased collagen production. This translates to a decrease in the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, pores, and stretch marks. Other benefits of this device is it allows excess pigmentation in the top of the skin to be transported across the skin surface through these small channels. Through this mechanism, patients can see an improvement in the appearance of melasma and sun spots on the skin. 

IPL devices can simultaneously improve the appearance of brown spots, redness, broken blood vessels, and pore size. Expert laser physicians may choose to combine a NAFL with an IPL on the same day as these treatments can work synergistically together. 

Warm Regards,

Dr. Peterson

Houston Dermatologist