Does Sculptra Work for Jowls and Marionette Lines?

Sculptra is a dermal stimulator and can cause nodules if placed in the muscle or in areas that are t

Sculptra is a dermal stimulator and in my opinion is best used on places where more fullness is needed such as the cheeks and temples. I have had sculptra placed in my face and even in the best hands it can cause tiny hard bumps. For this reason, I am very cautious with the product and use it only in specific areas of the face. If it is placed along the lower jaw bone you can tiny hard pea sized bumps which takes years to go away. Choose only a very experienced injector.

Good luck!

Orange County Dermatologist

Sculptra for jowls and marionette regions

I do use Sculptra quite a bit to soften the jowls by building up the jaw line.  I addition, I do use Sculptra in the marionette region.  I don't hesitate to combine Sculptra with a traditional dermal filler.  It does confuse the question as to how long the result will last.  I tell patients to expect the traditional fillers to last up to a year.  The Sculptra, can last beyond a year and will give the marionette region a volume boost.

Sculptra is excellent for jowls and Marionette Lines

Sculptra is an excellent product for producing collagen in the face and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.  Sculptra can be injectected into the cheeks to lift the marionette lines and make them less visible and also can be injected into the jowl area to improve the wrinkles there.  Sculptra is referred to as a liquid face lift because of its natural looking results.  

Sculptra

Sculptra is a great way to lift up sagging areas.  For jowling and marionette lines, it may be appropriate to use Sculptra in the cheek area.  Without seeing you, it is difficult to make an assessment. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Sculptra can help

Yes it can. By filling the cheek and replacing the volume that has been lost over time, the droopiness of the mid face is corrected partially thereby correcting the fallen jowls and to some extent the marionette lines. Direct placement of the Sculptra under the marionette lines may help lift them up. There is also a possibility of improving the jowl by inserting a filler between the forward jowl and the chin. This straightens the line of the jaw near the jowl and makes the jowl less obvious.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra for jowls and marionette lines

Yes, it does. However it is important to realize that the injections might not be placed directly in the lines. The goal is to lift up the sagging areas behind and above these lines and jowls. Once those areas are lifted (volumized) then these lines will diminish.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon