Sclerotherapy Recovery

What can I expect after sclerotherapy in terms of recovery and downtime? Will I need to take time off of work?

Remain Active after Sclerotherapy

+2

There is no downtown time after sclerotherapy treatments. In fact, I strongly encourage my sclerotherapy patients to walk and remain active after their sclerotherapy treatment.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

No downtime.

+1

There should be no downtime following sclerotherapy. I encourage patients to return to full activities as soon as possible including exercise. I have only a few requirements and restrictions-no sitting in a hot tub or hot bath for 48 hours post treatment. Wear compression stockings for 48 hours after treatment and avoid getting sun burn over the treated areas for at least 2 weeks.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

+1

Sclerotherapy of small spider and reticular leg veins usually does not create any major down time. I have patients refrain from running,high impact aerobics and weight lifting for 3 days after each treatment, but walking, with support hose, is encouraged.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sclerotherapy Recovery

+1

There is no need to take time off of work with Sclerotherapy.  The main thing I recommend to my patients is to incorporate lots of walking post procedure in order to get the best results from of your treatment.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Sclerotherapy recovery

+1

We encourage pts to wear compression stockings during the first 24 hrs after treatment and then for 8 hours during waking hours over the next 5 days.  It is not necessary to take time off from work.

Sam Naficy, MD

There really is no healing/recovery time

+1

You can go right back to work and everything you have been doing.  There is no healing necessary.  good luck!

Brian Dubow, MD

Sclerotherapy recovery

+1

Recovery from "SCLEROTHERAPY" is dependent on exactly what you mean. If to go to work with support hose than a day or 2. If you mean appearance than it could be as short as a week to a month for full appearance recovery.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Sclerotherapy recovery is minimal

+1

There are a lot of ways to manage post-sclerotherapy patients.  I just use compression bandages for about 8 hours.  You should not have a lot of discomfort after the procedure.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Sclerotherapy convalescence

+1

Most people go back to work in support hose, compression garments (not department store brand) for which you should be measured, after spider veins are injected. If however, you are having larger veins done, then the physician will tell you your restrictions.

Ronald Shelton, MD

There is no down time with sclerotherapy

+1
Sclerotherapy is done very easily and with foam injections at about $350 per session and 1-3 monthly sessions.  There is no down time but small bruises can last a few weeks to months.  Occasionally a small ulcer or sore can occur.  Support hoses are recommended and exercising can start 1 day later. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon