Scar Tissue Release in Revision Gynecomastia Surgery? (photo)

I had revision gynecomastia surgery 8 weeks ago. As part of the surgery, the surgeon released the scar tissue on the left chest that was very hard prior to surgery. Post surgery, the tissue becomes soft and the left chest is totally flat whenever I wear the compression vest. However, when I remove the vest, after about 30 mins, the tissue becomes somewhat hard again. Why does this happen and what can I do to keep the tissue soft and flat permanently? Thx -Sean

Scar after revision liposuction

+1

Dear Sean,

this is an unfortunate problem you are going thru.

yes, the body may take longer to heal after a revision surgery such as the one you had.

what I would suggest you is to start massage the scarred area either with a mechanical hand-held massage device ( Homedic for ex at any Wallgreen ) or buy one of those hand-held Ultrasound device on Amazon, plus the 4 $ gel that goes with it. the Ultrasound devices are used by physical therapists, but you can do it to yourself in the comfort of your home twice a day to help soften out the scar tissue and massage it.

your surgeon probably explained you it may take up to 2 years for the scar tissue to settle down.

good luck

Florence Mussat, MD

Gynecomastia and skin

+1

Without an evaluation, it is difficult to say. But it could represent swelling that should subside with time.