Ask a doctor

Scalded by boiling water? (photo)

Hi I got scalded by boiling water when I was 8 months old. I'm now 29. I've have lots of skin grafts during my life to help me grow but nothing since I was about 10. Is there anything new that can help reduce the image of these scars. As you can see quite bad burns to chest and arms.

Doctor Answers (2)

Burn scars and treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist with expertise in lasers. There are new treatments available that can be used to reduce the constrictures and appearance of burn scars. There are a handful of dermatologists with advanced training in lasers that treat this type of condition across the country.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Treatment of burn scars in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

These burn scars can be improved with a burn scar laser protocol that can address surface texture and topography.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.