How Much Does a Jaw Implant/Chin Implant Cost? and What Are the Safest Type to Use? (photo)

I'm also curious if there is an implant for both Jaw & Chin? I would like to have a square jaw in order to avoid having Rhinoplasty and keep my natural noise. WOuld the jaw chin implant balance my noise look!

Chin and jaw implants for men

+2

thank you for the question

for starters, you appear to have a good foundation of good strong anatomy with regards to your facial skeleton. In general some alteration or augmentation of your chin butt and take a letter the angle of your jaw with implants could give you an even stronger and more chiseled look. These can be placed under local anesthesia in the angle of jaw implants should be placed through incisions in the mouth. They can be placed with external incisions but I would not recommend that for a variety of reasons not the least of which is a permanent injury to the facial nerve which would impair movement of some of the areas of your face. The statically you appear to be doing well so far but if you would like to balance your face and bring it into harmony with your pre-existing nose then I believe that can be done.

Get more than a few consultations with board-certified facial plastic surgeons.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silastic Implants Preferred for Chin Implant Surgery Which Costs in $4,000 Range

+1

Improving the contours of your chin and jaw area is an excellent way to establish the more balanced facial proportions it seems you desire. Often this type of chin implant surgery is done instead of or in combination with nasal surgery.

To determine whether chin implant surgery alone will achieve the look you desire, you will need an in-person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can fully evaluate your features from all angles and discuss the best options for achieving your goals.

My preference and the most commonly used chin implant is made of Silastic - a material the body does not react to that when inserted through a small incision under the chin forms a natural pocket to hold it in place against the natural jaw bone. Because of this placement, the chin implant looks very natural and feels like your own bone. Implants are available in a variety of shapes and sizes which you would evaluate and choose with your surgeon in your pre-op planning appointment.

The cost for this type of chin implant surgery is in the $4,000 range. See the link below for examples of what chin surgery can do for your looks.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does a Jaw Implant/Chin Implant Cost? and What Are the Safest Type to Use?

+1

Jaw implant are problematic, so it's best to augment the jaw with Radiesse Injections.  The Chin can be augmented with a chin implant that runs around $7,500.  

Custom Chin and Jawline Implants

+1

There are no standard off-the-shelf implants for combined chin and jawline/jaw angle augmentation. Such implants have to be custom made for each patient. Whether such an implant would be helpful for you can not be determined by the one picture you have shown. I would encourage you to submit additional pictures (non-smiling) from different angles to determine if you would benefit by such a facial implant design.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implants

+1
 Chin implants are composed of Silastic were inserted through submental approach and placed directly over the bone to give a augmentation of the chin.   In our practice we only used Silastic silicone implants.

Jaw implants

+1

Custom jaw implants may be used for the chin, body, and angles of the mandible.  The implant material depends on the surgeon.  There is no "best".  The cost also varies from surgeon to surgeon and where you live.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin implant

+1

A  chin implant can be put in to give you a more square looking jaw. I prefer chin implants made out of Silastic material inserted through an incision underneath the chin. There is a special chin implant design by  Dr. Rish  that gives a very square look for certain individuals. A chin implant will not take away the possible need for a rhinoplasty, at least based on the picture you sent . It would be best for you to be seen in person to determine what would work best for you

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and Jaw Implants

+1

This is a common request from men looking to achieve a more angular appearance, whether it be for camera, film, or everyday.  There are implants that can enhance your chin projection as well as jaw implants to give you a more chiseled appearance.  3D Computer imaging can give you a better idea of what to expect with the implants.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.  

Kimberly Lee, MD