Is There Any Surgery or Treatment to Make a Wide Face More Narrow and Oval Shaped? (photo)

My face is widest near my cheekbones and at the temples of my face but I have a small jawline so this is excluding any jaw surgery. I have looked into the possibility of zygomatic displacement but I'm not sure if it is an efficient procedure. Thanks for your time!

Is There Any Surgery or Treatment to Make a Wide Face More Narrow and Oval Shaped?

+1

Dear Lin,

Thank you for your post. I think you are stunning in this smiling photo.  However, I do see a disproportion of you midface to your lower face.  I would love to see non-smiling front and profile photos of your face.  I suspect that I would rather offer lower face surgery to match your mid face, rather than vice versa.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, aesthetically a wide face can be made to appear heart-shaped (the desired aesthetic female face shape) or more angular (desired male face shape) by shaping the cheeks, chin and jaw appropriately to the specific gender of the patient.  In your case, the photo provided (non-smiling front shots are the best for evaluation of facial shape), shows excess fatty tissue over the cheeks making me think the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front).  If the lateral (outside) aspects of the cheeks are wide making the face appear broad, these can be rasped down at the same time the anterior segment, of the cheeks, are augmented and the excess facial fat removed with micro-liposuction.  I'd want to see a profile view, of the face, to be certain that the chin is not weak as this makes the upper face appear top-heavy and unbalanced.

PS, stay away from Zygomatic displacement which is nothing more than in-fracturing of the Zygomatic arch.  This type of fracture can entrap the Frontalis Muscle making it difficult to open the mouth completely.  There are better ways to make the face appear less-broad as discussed above.  Hope this.

Narrow your face

+1

I would be reticent to offer you any surgical procedure, you really don't need anything that I can see. Perhaps judicious use of fillers may be a benefit. See several specialists and choose one that makes you comfortable, do not get talked into anything aggressive. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial narrowing

+1

Your facial proportions are good now, so I would be reticent to do anything major.  Although there are several procedures that can be done to narrow the face, I would not encourage you to pursue any surgery.  Botox, if done carefully can thin the upper face.  This might be something you could consider.   Best wishes  

David Alessi, MD

Facial Contouring

+1

Facial contouring is a popular procedure for my Asian patients.  I think the best thing to do is have an in-person consultation where you can discuss your concerns and desired results with a board certified specialist.  Computer imaging can also assist you visualize what you may look like after facial contouring.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Facial surgery

+1

The face looks excellent. Do not do anything. You really do not need any change in the face

Is There Any Surgery or Treatment to Make a Wide Face More Narrow and Oval Shaped? (

+1

Perhaps this picture is not how you typically photograph. Otherwise , no surgery could improve your appearance. Leave well enough alone. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Making a face oval

+1

You are very beautiful as is, but yes there are several procedures.  Gentle liposuction is one.  Buccal fat pad removal is two. And Botox is three.   Any or all of these may help.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon