Indents on Hips - What Can I Do to Fix It? (photo)

I have indents on my hips in between my actual hips and where the bottom of my waist is, making it look like I have love handles when I don't. No matter how thin I have been throughout my life, the indentations have always been there. I work out very regularly. What are my options for plumping this area up so I have a rounded hip shape instead of one that goes out, in, then out again?

Hip Indentation Treatment and Fat Transfer

+1

This is a natural point of attachment in most humans.  Fat transfer can be used to plump this and is frequently done with the Brazilian buttlift patients.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs fat transfer hundreds of times each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Body Contouring

+1

Your current shape is quite typical of many women, especially in thin, well excercised ones.  However, if it is something that you desire to change, I would suggest getting some photos of the appearance you desire.  You should bring these along with you for a consultation to a cosmetic surgeon who is familiar with both liposuction as well as fat-grafting

Karyn Grossman, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Hips Contour

+1

Hello, my first choice will be the same as my colleges.  Liposuction on desired areas, and then Lipoinyection (fat grafting)  in the indent area in order to achieve a nicer contour.

Best    Dr. R. Vega     /  Tijuana.  Mexico

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Shapely Hips

+1

Dear sun versus moon,

You are slim and it would be important to be clear about what your goals are.  If you could bring photographs of the sort of look you are after, that would help in the consultation.  It would be possible to perform liposuction below the indent (and to a lesser extent above) to change the contour, and if you wanted it 'plumped out', then fat grafting would be required.

As Dr Culbertson says, you should see someone experienced in this type of surgery. 

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Indent in hip, fat grafting, Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Fat grafting may not be a solution for this area as fat does not like to survive where fat was not originally existing. Liposculpture may be an option depending on how much fat is present in your hip.

It is difficult to tell from this photograph.  That is why a personal consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or better pictures would be helpful to you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Body Contouring Procedure

+1

Your solution most likely will be a body contouring procedure of Liposuction & Fat Grafting. The area you are concerned about could be grafted with fat donated from other areas of your body such as your abdomen, back, etc. May I suggest you seek out a consult with a surgeon familiar with these type of procedures like a Brazilian Buttocks Lift. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon