What is the Safest and Most Effective Way to Remove Under Eye Syringoma?

I am a 39 year old woman and have severe under eye syringoma. I also have it on my forehead, temples. I started getting it when I was 10 years old. The bumps cause my under eye to crinkle and creates unsightly wrinkles. I have olive colored skin and I am concerned about scarring or losing pigmentation. I would like to remove them from under eye. Also when removing the syringoma will it help or effect my wrinkles? Also who is an excellent and reputable doctor in the denver

Syringoma

+2

Syringoma are benign sweat gland growths.  In order to completely remove them, any treatment would have to penetrate the deep dermis.  Superficial treatments such as shaving, some lasers, strong acid peels, electrocautery (superficial) will plane down the surface but not remove the growth from the deeper layers.  These treatments need to be done periodically to treat the continued growth once clinically realized.  Deep laser with carbon dioxide, Fraxel, deep electrocuatery amy make them go away but there is a risk of scarring.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fraxel/index.html

How to treat syringomas on the eyelids and face. CO2 laser and Cautery

+1

Treatment of syringomas is quite common.  Patients need to be aware that not every syringoma or enlarged sweat gland can be removed  in one session and that it is a process that takes several treatments.  I perform syringoma removal with CO2 laser and low voltage electrocautery.  Results are typically seen within one to two weeks.

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/71/syringoma-treatment.aspx

Syringoma\ Removal

+1

Hi, syringomas can sometimes be difficult to remove. The standard of care would be to perform electrocautery. This can safely be performed in your skin color with minimal risk of scarring. Unfortunately, many treatment sessions are required and sometimes the result is not very satisfactory. If you were lighter skin color, ablative lasers might also be an option. Sorry, I don't know anyone in Denver. Dr. Behnam.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon