Is It Safe to Have Varicose Vein Surgery Before Liposuction?

The varicose veins arent seriously developed.

Treating varicose veins and spider veins prior to liposuction

+1

Varicose veins can be treated before or after your liposuction procedure, a protocol that I use in my Los Angeles plastic surgery practice.  I would recommend varicose vein treatment prior to your liposuction, in most cases. 

Vein Treatment

+1

This must be assessed by your surgeon and he/she must discuss the case with your surgeon managing the veins.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Varicose veins and surgery

+1

That would depend on how you are treating the varicose veins. If treating the varicose veins by sclerotherapy or by endovascular laser or endovascular thermal method, then you need to delay the liposuction for 6 weeks and have an venous ultrasound to rule out the presence of a clot prior to liposuction.

Safety

+1

i believe it is safer to have varicose vein surgery before liposuction because you will have less chance of hit the enlarged veins with the liposuction cannula when performing the lipo.

thus not inadvertently causing bleeding if puncturing one of these veins during lipo.

Timothy Mountcastle, MD
Ashburn General Surgeon