Is It a Bad Idea to Have ONE Single Broken Capillary (Blood Vessel) Treated with a Laser?

I have a broken blood vessel on my nose that really bothers me. If I got just this one capillary treated, would it be a dumb idea? Would the cost of treating a single blood vessel be a significantly lower price? Or would the price not be worth the treatment?

Would Treating One Facial Vein be a Bad Idea?

+1

Hi Kaitlyn.  The question of whether or not to treat one facial vein with lasers is one that only you can decide based on the prices in your area and what value you place on getting rid of the the veins.  

We are in Los Angeles and at our practice, the minimum we would have for a laser treatment like this would be $200.  We would use a KTP (532) or long pulsed Nd:Yg (1064) laser for this procedure, but a pulsed dye laser (585) and potentially an IPL may be able to remove a vein like this as well.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/spider.aspx

Laser treatments for individual blood vessels on the nose or face are effective

+1

Laser treatments for individual blood vessels on the nose or face are effective. In general the costs are low and they may produce increased self confidence.

Chicago Dermatologist

Treatment of facial vessels is quick, simple and satisfactory

+1

It is perfectly OK to treat a single facial vessel with a vascular laser. Quite often I treat children or adults who have, for example, a single spider hemangioma on the face. This just takes a minute or so, and the patients are usually delighted with the immediate improvement. The most common comment is: "If I knew it was this easy, I would have done it a long time ago."

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser of broken capillaries and spider blood vessels

+1

We have good lasers to treat this namely the flashlamp laser. What you may see now is a single blood vessel but the blood is like water which flows into the path of least resistance. In my experience when single or small areas are treated new areas of dilated blood vessels appear right away in most cases and I treat those right away with the laser as well. Therefore the area treated is frequently larger than the area you think is going to be treated going in to the procedure. The success rate is high and the recurrence rate is low when these lasers are used to treat blood vessels above the level of the collar bone.