Can I Go Running 48 Hrs After Getting Botox?

I just had botox yesterday morning and I was wondering is it ok to go running tomorrow afternoon? is it ok if my forehead sweats?

Run after botox

Theer should be no problem in running after you are 48 hoiurs post botox injection.Who knows it may make you run faster.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely, exercise after Botox is not a problem as the Botox is absorbed by the target uscles in minutes and as such isn't likely to float or move around.  IMHO, that's just an urban myth.

Botox can be used safely

especially in athletes.  There is no restriction to working out after having Botox or Dysport injections, so enjoy your run!  Best to you

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

When to exercise after Botox

Within 20 to 90 minutes after it is injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox or Dysport very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site. I tell my patients they are free to do anything they choose 1 1/2 hours after their injections.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Running After Botox

I recommend that you avoid working out or performing vigorous physical activity for the rest of the day of your injection, but the next day or 48 hours later you should be fine.

Botox and Running?

It should be no problem for you to go running after the Botox treatment. Best wishes.

You may run or exercise the day after botox

There is no problem with exertion or if you sweat the day after botox, so for you, two days later, there should be no concern.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Running after Botox

48 hours should be a safe window to enjoy aerobic activities following Botox treatment.  The Botox protein has already attached to its area of effect by this time following treatment.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Running After Botox?

Hi Ella.  We recommend refraining from heavy exercise for 4 hours after Botox treatments.  This is a somewhat arbitrary (the amount of time) precaution, and will differ depending on the injector, but is taken to minimize the effect of Botox migrating to an area that was not injected.  Increased circulatory activity (like that seen in heavy exercise like running) may have this potential.

48 hours is way more time than necessary to make sure that the injected Botox is bound to the injection area.  Hope this helps. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

OK to run after 24 hours post-Botox

Yes, it's perfectly safe to go running after a Botox treatment.  We recommend waiting 24 hours.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon