I have a Telangiectasia below lower lip. What are my best treatment options: Laser or Scleratherapy?

What are my best treatment options-laser vs. scleratherapy and what are side effects-area is 5mm X1mm-husband does not know I'm having this removed-as not covered by insurance-what can I expect and can I cover it with make up

KTP 532 nm laser or the 1064 nm ND YAG laser for veins on the lip or on the skin below the lip - Buffalo Niagara, NY

The V Beam by Candela is a 595 nm pulse dye laser that is utilized for venous lakes, the purplish reticular veins on the face, especially on the lip or on the skin below the lip. 

I like to use either the KTP 532 nm laser or the 1064 nm ND YAG LASER to treat reticular veins on the face or lip. 

Laser or Sclerotherapy for Telangiectasia below lower lip

Telangiectasias around mouth are the best and most safely treated with the pulsed-dye laser. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Consider laser for spider veins of the face

The best treatment for veins of the face is a laser, I would not consider sclerotherapy on the face for fear of scarring.  

Lip telangiectasia

I would definitely recommend laser treatment for the telangiectasia under your lip. Given the size and location of the lesion,  laser will give you a very nice result. Specifically, a pulsed dye laser or 532nm KTP laser would be most effective. You can expect a small amount of swelling and there is a possibility of a small purplish bruise in this area which will resolve within a week. You can cover this area with concealer make up if you desire after treatment. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon