I have a Telangiectasia below lower lip. What are my best treatment options: Laser or Scleratherapy?

What are my best treatment options-laser vs. scleratherapy and what are side effects-area is 5mm X1mm-husband does not know I'm having this removed-as not covered by insurance-what can I expect and can I cover it with make up

Consider laser for spider veins of the face

+1
The best treatment for veins of the face is a laser, I would not consider sclerotherapy on the face for fear of scarring.  

Lip telangiectasia

+1
I would definitely recommend laser treatment for the telangiectasia under your lip. Given the size and location of the lesion,  laser will give you a very nice result. Specifically, a pulsed dye laser or 532nm KTP laser would be most effective. You can expect a small amount of swelling and there is a possibility of a small purplish bruise in this area which will resolve within a week. You can cover this area with concealer make up if you desire after treatment. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon