Am I a candidate for an Airsculpt laser to get rid of my tummy?

I know I would probably get a better result with a tummy tuck, but I don't want to go though the whole healing process, what realistic results can I expect from this procedure. I am 5'2 and weight 131lbs. I carry the weight on my stomach.

Who is a candidate

In general, there are three components to the female abdomen to consider for cosmetic surgery.

They are loose skin, muscle separation from pregnancy and subcutaneous fat.

The importance of differentiating between gut fat, or intra-abdominal fat, and subcutaneous fat is critical.

If the predominant problem or diagnosis is muscle separation or loose skin, then a tummy tuck is needed.

If the majority of problems stem from subcutaneous fat, then liposuction may give great results.

Without pictures, it's hard to tell.

I suggest you follow up with a specialist to determine which is right for you.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Liposuction can produce a major improvement in shape. I would have to examine you to give you a better idea of what to expect about the skin. Find a liposuction expert who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Liposuction, with laser, can remove excess fat and do limited skin tightening. However, it cannot tighten weak muscles, and cannot remove all the excess skin.  This procedure can be done as an outpatient procedure under local or general anesthesia. You will be able to get back to regular activities much sooner than with tummy tuck.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon