Risk of Ptosis After Chin Implant Removal?

I am a 41 y.o. healthy female, 4 months post-op after a chin implant. It is a size 2 (5 - 6mm projection) Silastic implant without "wings." I want it removed because it is slightly tilted and still feels/looks tight when I smile big and when making expressions. I can't get used to the new shape; I don't feel like me anymore and it's causing me a lot of emotional stress. My only concern now is my fear of the chin drooping or other complications from the removal. Thoughts? Thank you!

Chin implant removal

Removal is a lot easier and less risky than implantation. Your chin will just go back to its previous shape and position. If the tilt is a problem, consider exchanging it for one with wings. Longer, more anatomic implants are much less likely to tilt and look more natural.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Risk ofPtosis after Chin Implant Removal in 35 Year Old Female

There is very, very little risk of ptosis after chin Implant removal. I strongly encourage you to consider  replacement with a chin-jowel implant (implant with wings) to improve contour and position.