Chin Implant Vs Mandibular Advancement

Based on the picture, would a chin implant improve my profile? I would like to avoid jaw surgery at all costs.

Mandibular advancement surgery

+1
Based on your photo, it seems that you have a small lower jaw with an overbite, a chin implant will increase the projection of the chin, but will deepen the fold between your lip and chin (mentolabial fold). You will benefit from mandibular advancement surgery(corrective jaw surgery) and genioplasty (chin bone surgery).
Sherman Oaks Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant versus mandibular advancement

+1

An implant would help with your jaw projection, though it would do nothing to help with any tooth alignment problems.

As long as you understand the limitations of implant surgery you could procede with this if you don't want to go through more extensive surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/chin -augmentation

Chin implant vs mandibular advancement

+1

An implant placement would assist you with an improved profile.  However, to determine what the best procedure is for you requires an exam that includes the evaluation of your dentition and an evaluation of your mandibular anatomy in correlation with your maxillary anatomy.  Once the pathology is defined your surgeon can better determine if an implant or a mindibnular advancment procedure is best suited for you.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.