Best Way to Get Rid of Lumps After SmartLipo?

Hello. I have SmartLipo a month ago and my lumps have grown bigger, harder and more pronounced. My stomach look really bad. I am very concerned... and everytime I call my doctor they tell me this is normal; but they haven't even seen me. I am frustrated with my doctor and the clinic. I spent all my savings on this; and I am not satisfied, I feel like they dont even care... I would like some advice. what kind of massage could help? Is this really normal? thank you. I am desperate.

Getting rid of SmartLipo lump

+4

It is common to have some lumps after any liposuction procedure. The key is knowing how to manage these lump. Many techniques are available, but you need to be able to see your doctor to give you the best advice. Many patients get frustrated with not being able to see their doctor after the procedure. Think of how many times you saw your doctor before the procedure? The service prior to the procedure should give you a hint of the service after the procedure. In my practice, I personally meet with my patients at least twice prior to the procedure to make sure I understand their needs and desires. I then see them as often as they need. This is usually a few days after surgery and as often as they need to make sure we achieve the best result. We have set intervals for these followup appointments. Good luck!

Smoothing out the lumps following Smart Lipo

+3

It is normal to feel bumps following Smart Lipo beginning 3 to 4 weeks following the procedure. The lumps are areas of treated fat your body is in the process of healing.  The lumps are generally detected by feel and are typically not big enough to see. I recommend lymphatic message for all of my patients and external ultrasound therapy for resistant areas. I recommend making an appointment with your surgeon to make sure that you are healing properly. Express your concern to the office staff of your surgeon, and you should be given a follow-up appointment soon. If you are not satisfied with the level of care you are receiving, I would recommend a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of Luck.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Lymphatic massage for lumps after Smartlipo

+2

Lumps after Smartlipo are not uncommon and in spite of treatment they may never fully go away.  Patients who undergo lymphatic massage beginning early in the post-operative period appear to do best with less lumps and bumps.  Unlike traditional massage for sore and aching muscles which tends to be vigorous this is very light touch and even treatment of  the very sore areas is well-tolerated.   I have a relationship with two lymphatic massage therapists and I send my patients to them within the first 7 - 10 days of surgery.  I include the first two or three massages with my procedure fees as patients don't like surprise or extra charges and this increases the likelihood that the patients will follow through with treatment.   A combination of lymphatic massage and compression garment wear --sometimes for up to three months-- will satisfactorily treat the lumps in most cases.  If they persist beyond 5 - 6 months it may be necessary to retreat the larger lumps with liposuc tion alone (without laser). 

Steven E. Ozeran, MD
Moscow Plastic Surgeon

+2

In my private practice we offer early aggressive lymphatic massages and external ultrasound therapy. Best to ask for these therapies but there will be a cost.