How to Get Rid of Actual Holes Left over from Piercings?

Is there some type of procedure I can get to remove or hide the holes on my face left over from piercings? I have two small indentations near my lower lip, I didn't think they were too obvious until people pointed them out to me, yeah just looking for a procedure to get rid of them. Thanks

Body piercing

+1

Body peircing hole are lined with epithelium and will not usually close on their own.  Basically the skin has to be cored out from the hole to allow it to close. This could be as simple as using a punch biopsy device and putting a stitch on both sides to close it.

It is unrealistic to expect these holes to close on their own.

+1

Like everything in life.  If you want something to happen it never seems to happen.  The best course is to have a the holes excised and carefully reconstructed.  There are several surgical specialties that perform this work not just board certified general plastic surgeons.  A facial plastic surgery is probably a safer choice for the lip.

+1

Dear Emily4939,

Body piercing holes sometimes close on their own, depending on the age, size, location, time since used, and individual person.

The piercing holes can usually be closed or removed through a simple office procedure in which the hole is removed and the surrounding tissues are used to close the defect.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD