Steroid Injections for Hard, Swollen Tip After Rhinoplasty?

I had a open Rhinoplasty exactly one year ago. Much of the work was to reduce the tip because it was bulbous. My tip is still hard and swollen. I went to the surgeon for my one year check up, and she gave me a steroid injection. Will this injection actually work to break up the swelling/scar tissue? Should I be taping the nose or massaging it? Isn't one year past the surgery too late for these techniques? Thank you!

Do I need steroid injection after rhinoplasty?

Swelling after rhinoplasty particularly in the nasal tip is normal and is a part of normal healing. There is little to stop the tip of your nose swelling as only a small volume of swelling can be visible in this area of the nose.
A combination of factors will help with reducing swelling.
Firstly, sleeping with your head slightly elevated above the rest of your body.
Secondly, the use of taping compression of your nose soon after surgery.
Thirdly, the use of anti-inflammatory treatments to the tip of the nose, including steroids.
Dr. De Silva advocates the use of such medicine in most patients to speed up the resolution of swelling and ensure faster recovery after surgery. Although the final results of rhinoplasty can be more than one year after surgery, the use of anti-inflammatories can shorten this period considerably. Patients with thicker skin which includes certain ethnicities and ethnic rhinoplasty, may benefit from more than one anti-inflammatory treatment. Dr. De Silva routinely uses steroids with other anti-inflammatory medications to speed up the resolution after surgery as part of the procedure to give every patient the best possible result.