Can Retinol Cream Help Reduce Appearance of a Scar That Resulted from a Laceration?

I was in a car accident about 10 months ago, from which I got a moderately deep cut right below my lip. It seems like it has healed completely, but has left a noticeable scar. The scar itself has a faded look but it looks worst than it is because it's pushing some skin upward, giving it a bumpy look. I was wondering if using retinol cream would help with this scar?? Could retinol loosen up that scar? Thank you.

Scar laser for an incision on the face

+1

Retinol itself will not recontour a scar.  I would propose the following:

1. Scar excision and layered closure
  2. Selective IIT
  3. Pulsed Dye Scar Laser

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx