Can Retin-A Make Older Scars (Rolling Scars) on my Cheek Worse?

The scarring is not a fresh scar. I would have to say its from over 4 yrs ago. Is this a safe product to be putting on this area? Im so afraid to apply it to this area is case it looks worse.

Retin A improves skin quality and sun damage and is safe for scars

+2

Retin A improves skin quality and sun damage and is safe for scars.  In most studies there is no antioxidant with better rejuvenation properties for the skin than Retin A.

Chicago Dermatologist

Retin A does not make old acne scars worse

+1

Retin A can actually help improve the appearance of acne scars, although it works much better on new scars than on old.

Start using it slowly, twice a week at night time, and increase the number of days per week in such a way as to not irritate yours skin.

If there is irritation, stop the Retin A for a few days then restart at a less frequent schedule.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon