Restylane or juvaderm for under eye fat? (photo)

I've asked doctors and they say the bags under my eyes is not sagging skin, its fat pads protruding out. Would fillers smooth out that area? Which is better, restylane or juvaderm? What would you suggest? (Later in life I will get a lower blepharoplasty but for now I cannot afford it) I am 18 and Hispanic if it's any help.

Restylane for under eye area

+1
Restylane is my preferred filler for the under eye area as is Boletero.  Juvederm is too thick for the delicate under eye area.  As you age you will probably need a blepharoplasty to remove the under eye bags since this is a genetic condition and not a function of your age.  Please find a board certified physician for the best cosmetic results.

Fillers work!

+1
Fillers would definitely help out smooth the contours of your lower eyelids.  I would suggest either Belotero or Restylane, both work well in the lower eyelids.
And yes in the future I would suggest a trans-conjunctival lower blepharoplasty to remove the far pads.
All the best!
Sincerely, Dr. Tony Perkins.

Anthony Perkins, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Which filler for under eye fat

+1

If there is excessive under eye fat, it can be reduced with laser or surgically removed. For many people, surgery is not a great option or a wanted option, and so the fat can be "hidden" to some degree with a filler in the tear trough below the fat pad which blends the fat into the cheek below with less contrast. Restylane is my preferred filler in this location, though others like Juvederm and Belotero are also good. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers Work Well For Masking Bags, Filling Hollows, And Re-Inflating Tear Troughs Under The Eyes

+1

I have been treating under eye problems with fillers of all kinds for more than twenty years, since the days of Zyderm collagen. The use of Belotero Balance, which has little tendency to give rise to the unwanted bluish discoloration known as the Tyndall Effect, and diluted Restylane L, are these days my favorites for treating the under eye area. Juvederm tends to hold on to more water and sometimes can accentuate the baggy look under the eyes as a result of this.

Using blunt tip cannulas, we now have greater control of where we deposit the filler material and are less likely to cause temporary bruises when treating this exceedingly delicate region. The results are immediate,  very gratifying and, particularly in this location that is less prone to a lot of movement, tend to be relatively long-lasting.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Fillers for under eye bulge

+1
The fat beneath the eye can be masked by injecting any of several hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero) beneath the fat in the tear trough area.  Radiofrequency (laser-like energy device) treatment, Thermage or Exilis will also often improve the appearance of this area, and may be used in conjunction with the fillers.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Combo treatment

+1

Many of the doctor's talked about Restylane and Beletero which I agree however, I really like to use a laser type device called Exilis before and after to melt some of the fat.  Dr. Atkins in our office uses this frequently and her results are amazing as the far budge goes down and the skin gets tighter.  Then, the filler improves the overall contour when added in conjunction.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for under eyes

+1
My preference for under the eyes is to use Restylane or Belotero. They both seem to do very well and do not have as much risk of looking purple through the skin that seems to  happen more often with Juvederm, at least in my experience. You  are right saying that the fillers certainly do not get rid of bags under eyes but they fill the valleys and hide the hills very well. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fillers for under eyes

+1
The only filler that should be used under the eyes is Restylane. Voluma is also good but should be used more in the malar (upper cheek) region, which if done properly, could help hide the fat pads under your eyes. Really, yes, you need a lower bleph, but if you want to manage costs before then, I'd suggest either Restylane or Voluma injected by a trained, physician injector. Do not shop for the best price on this - shop for an expert injector. This region is harder to inject properly and you need someone with a good amount of experience and training.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restylane is the best filler for under eyes

+1

Thank you for your question.  Be certain to ask your doctor about the possibility of visible gray lumps following filler injections beneath your lower eyelids.  If you do decide to have filler injections Restylane is the only films that should be used in this delicate important area.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Restylane

+1
Restylane is less compressible than Juvederm so it gives better correction. It should be injected between your bulges and your cheek to fill in the area that is becoming hollowed out.

Robert Reiffel, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon