Can you replace round silicone implants with anatomicals?

I'm not happy with the way my low profile round implants look (like flat pancakes stuck on my chest). Is it possible to have a revision and replace them with anatomical implants? Or will the pocket now be too large?

Implant Exchange

+1
The answer is yes.  Your implants can be exchanged for anatomical or another profile of implant.  I would suggest taking some pictures into your plastic surgeon what you would like to look like.  Then he/she will be able to select the appropriate implant for you.  There are many different profiles and manufacturers to choose.

Exchanging breast implants

+1
Hi there

Thanks for your kind question

Anatomical implants can give a very natural appearance and in my practice more than 75% of girls opt for these. 

As you know, exchanging implants is relatively straightforward (in the absence of capsular contracture) and I am sure your plastic surgeon will discuss the nuances of the procedure with you in detail, including sizing considerations.

Good luck!

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Anatomical for rounds

+1
There are no dramas with changing the implants, as long as your surgeon selects an implant that matches your chest wall and breast dimensions. Plus also your goals.

Good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant shapes

+1
You can certainly have round implants changed for shaped implants. The shaped implants are textured as well.

Indeed you can change them

+1
There is no real issue to change the implants. Your surgeon, however, should remove the breast implant capsule entirely to make sure that the breast tissue can integrate and heal well overtop the new implant. Also, you would probably need to go with a bigger implant.

i hope this helps!

Ezat Hashim, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon