I'm 24 yrs old, 5'4, 240 lbs. Am I a candidate for a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction? (photos)

I'm 24 have 2 kids I'm 5'4 and weigh 240 lbs but all of my weight is located in my belly I don't have huge hips or a big butt is all in my belly is it possible to remove with a tummy tuck and liposuction?

I'm 24 yrs old, 5'4, 240 lbs. Am I a candidate for a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

+2
It is always best to achieve your ideal weight first before undergoing any tuck and tightening procedure. However, you should see good results after abdominoplasty ( it will remove your excess skin and fat, tighten your abdominal wall muscles) and liposuction of flanks and waist will create a better more feminine contoure. Seek an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for an abdominoplasty aided by liposuction.

+2
Only in abdominoplasty will give a satisfactory result for the anterior abdomen. However the waist and potential other areas would benefit from liposuction.

Candidate for lipo

+1
It looks to me like a large portion of the fat that you are frustrated with is INTRA-ABDOMINAL. In other words you have a significant amount of fat inside your abdominal cavity.  This fat is not amenable to liposuction. At your current weight I fear you would be disappointed with an abdominoplasty, even with significant liposuction.

Mary Gingrass, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction candidate with BMI >40?

+1
I do not think that you are currently a good candidate for either tummy tuck or liposuction. You will likely not be happy with the results.  From your pictures, it looks like a large portion of your fat is inside your abdomen and cannot be removed with anything but weight loss.  I would choose a weight loss goal that puts your BMI at less than 30.  At that point, you will derive more improvement from tummy tuck and liposuction.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction at 240 pounds

+1
Thank you for your liposuction and tummy tuck question.
  • Your photos suggest you will get significant improvement with a tummy tuck and liposuction.
  • Surgery cannot give you a flat stomach -
  • Much of your fat is inside your body around your intestines, it is not removed with surgery,
  • If  before surgery, you can lose 20 - 60 pounds that would be ideal. 
  • This is done by reducing calories by replacing all sweet and fat food with fresh fruit and vegetables cooked without oil or fat and exercising, e.g. 2 brisk half-hour walks a day.
  • Since we don't live in an ideal world, if weight loss is impossible for you, see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about having surgery now. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
You will need a full abdominoplasty along with liposuction to your hips and flanks. You will be a better candidate for the procedure as your BMI nears 30.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Surgery

+1
Thank you for the photos and question. Your BMI is over 40 and,therefore, you would be a much better candidate for surgery after weight loss N's have a high risk of complications without weight loss first

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty candidate?

+1
Based on your height, weight , and photos it appears you should lose weight to be about 200 lbs before you are a more ideal candidate.  You seem to carry most of your fat inside your abdomen and abdominoplasty with liposuction won't address this issue.

Peter Kreymerman, MD, FACS
Morehead City Plastic Surgeon

BMI is high

+1
I calculate your Body Mass Index at 41. This is very high. I like to see BMI below 30 before performing a tummy tuck. The risk of complications is very high for this level of excessive weight.

This means you have to lose about 60 pounds just to get to 30, and your ideal weight is probably 100 pounds below your current weight. It's a safety and health issue.

Get professional advice for your weight loss before risking your life with an esthetic procedure. Some people need a gastric bypass to get the weight under control.

Good luck.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

+1
I would recommend some weight loss first to make the surgery safer.  Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would seem a reasonable option. Find an expert in tummy tucks who has great reviews and great before and after photos.