Can I remove the scabs from the incision? ( 3 weeks post op mini lift and neck/lipo)

I am 3 weeks post op. I have a great deal of scabbing on the incision side that required a lot of work. It is more swollen on this side. This is the side that before surgery had more sagging, and the incision oozes slightly. I see the PS end of Jan.

Can I remove the scabs from the incision?

+1
Do not pick at your scabs. You run the risk of infection and scarring issues. Ask your surgeon to evaluate your incisions and help you with wound care.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not remove your scabs - go see your Surgeon

+1
Hi Lilt, While it may be tempting to want to clean the scabs off yourself, unless your surgeon told you it is okay to be doing so, do not do it. A scab is a sign that the tissues and skin underneath are still healing and if you pick at them you could cause scarring or problems with healing. Best to call your surgeon and let them know you are having an issue and need to be in sooner. They should be happy to accomodate you.

Kamran Jafri, MD