How Do I Get Rid of a Small Cyst on my Nose?

I have a nose ring that has a small cyst. An injection got rid of it but it came back. Duac seems to overdry the area after 2 days. I don't know if it's working of just drying everything around it. Can you tell me what to do?

I would suggest visiting with either a plastic surgeon,...

+3

I would suggest visiting with either a plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or ENT physician. If the lesion is truly a cyst, excision would be the best way to completely remove it. The lesion could be other things as well and an examination by a surgeon who works in the head and neck can help to develop the best option for removal.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of cyst by nose ring?

+2

You can see a dermatiologist, plastic and cosmetic surgeon or an ENT surgeon for possible excision of the cyst.  Cysts, by nature, have inner linnings that allow them to recur unless completely removed.

Small cyst on nose. Treatment options.

+1

Hard to tell what is going on without a photo or exam.  You mention a nose ring.  It is possible that you have what is called an inclusion cyst, where cells from the outer part of the skin get buried under a deeper layer of skin and cause cysts.  These are usually treated by excision.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD