Removal of Dark Purple Accident Scar?

Approximately 6 months ago I was in a bad accident and basically tore my knee open. I had to have 16 staples put in it for 2 weeks to get it back together. Now I have a dark purple scar covering my entire knee. I used bio oil for a long time and the scar is quite flat - but it is very dark and noticeable. Is there anything I can do? The doctor told me it would turn white but that hasn't happened at all. Please help!

Red and purple scars on the legs and knees

+1

Purple and red scars on the legs are usually hypervascular.  I use the pulsed dye laser to treat the redness and improve the color of these scars.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx