Red Moles On My Face?

Hello...about two months ago a red mole appeared on my face..under my eye..I am thinking of removing it...but worried because the eye area is so delicate and I am afraid that the removal will leave a scar...Which removing technique is better?? Is it painful?

Red bumps are easily removed by electro-cautery without scarring.

+2

Red bumps are usually cherry angiomas and are easily removed with a little zapping called electro-cautery which doesn't leave a scar and is quick to get done. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal

+2

It is difficult to know whether or not this is a mole or something else that could be vascular without seeing you in person.  I would advise that you see your physician to determine this first.  If it is a vascular lesion, like a cherry angioma, there are other possible treatments for this.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole removal near the eye

+2
Without examining the mole it difficult to make a recommendation. The mole could be shaved flat which would require no stitiches or it could be excised which would require stitches. Both would leave a scar but the intention is that the scar would be less visible than the mole. If the mole is red it could be a cherry angioma which could be burned or frozen off.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Mole removal around the eyes and eyelids

+1

A mole can be removed from all areas of the face.  The eyelids generally respond well to excision and often have no apparent scar long term.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS