Radiesse for Festoons on Upper Cheeks?

I am 4 months post op from quad blepharoplasty. I still have what I have now been told are festoons. The surgery did not help. In fact, it made the festoon on my left side worse. I have visited a medspa, and I was told they believe Radiesse could help me. I am worried it will highlight my now apparent asymmetery in my cheeks. Do you think Radiesse will help me?

Mid-Face Volume

+1

This is really a problem of loss of mid-face volume ie the area below the area of puffiness. There are several alternatives such as using your own fat as well as Perlane, Sculptra, and Radiesse. I think I would start with Sculptra if you were a patient in our practice . Unfortunately I am not sure that any of them will be perfect or completely eliminate the "transmalar" groove that is noticeable in your pictures. .

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for festoons on upper cheeks

+1

Rather than consulting with a med spa, I would encourage you to visit a board certified facial plastic surgeon to review your options. If you decide to try filler, I would suggest Restylane or Perlane rather than Radiesse since Radiesse cannot be readily dissolved in the event the results are unsatisfactory.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist