Should Radiesse Be Removed Before Mid Face Lift and Fat Grafting?

I got Radiesse injections a few month ago. The effect has not yet worn off. I want a mid face lift and permanent fat grafting.

Can a plastic surgeon remove the Radiesse from my face or do I have to wait till it has worn off?

I got Radiesse in my mid face four months ago to relief the nasolabial folds. Can a plastic surgeon remove the Radiesse from my face or do I have to wait till it has worn off?

Radiesse with fat injections

+1

I would suggest holding off on fat grafting and mid-face lift. It is difficult to remove Radiesse but as you know it will dissolve with time with most results lasting just over a year. If you plan on having your surgery now you may be under corrected with the fat grafting.

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is not really something that can be removed

+1

Radiesse is made from a component of tooth enamel, calcium hydroxylapatite. When it is injected, it is mixed with a carrier gel. The carrier gel disappears over three months and gets replaced with collagen stimulated by the calcium hydroxylapatite. Unless the product calcifies, it would be difficult to know what to remove. I think leaving it would be fine. Adding fat to the area would only optimize the filling in your cheek/midface area during the midfacelift and should not interfere with the Radiesse that is in place.

Good luck.

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon