Radiesse on Actual Cheekbone? (photo)

Is this a usual procedure to place the Radiesse on the bone itself? I wanted the filler because of the hollow look to my face. After 3 vials and 7 weeks these are the results.

Radiesse placed near bone

+2

Radiesse is best placed just over the bone (periosteal) or at the level of the deep dermis.  It could take more than 3 syringes to give you the desired result and to give you more of a full face treatment you may wish to consider Sculptra as an alternative.  It's always best to follow-up with your provider.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Want a more youthful appearance

+2

It is not uncommon to place radiesse deeply just above the bone to achieve more volume to face.  From your before picture, the majority of your volume loss is in the lower face, not the cheeks.  I would recommend adding more volume to the jawline as well as the preauricular area(the area right in front of the ear that extends down to jawline). In your picture, this is also where you are "sinking" in.   While radiesse is a good volumizer, I typically prefer Sculptra to treat these areas.  This should give your face a round, more yourthful appearance and the hollow look will be lessened.  Hope this helps.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Radiesse Injected onto Cheek Bones

+1

Radiesse is calcium hydroxyapatite and can be injected directly onto bone.  If you desire more volume correction, facial fat grafting should be considered.  Kenneth Hughes, MD facial fat grafting Los Angeles, CA

Creating a youthful, fuller demension to the face

+1

I have had many patients from their 30's and up looking for a more fuller/rested look. Radiesse injected along the cheekbones can soften and define the face without looking over-exaggerated.  The swelling will be visible the first day or two but disappears after that.  Beautiful cheekbones are created to help direct the eye and skin in a new direction.  Radiesse works with your own collagen and can last up to a year!  Also, because it is injected deep within the dermis, the level of discomfort is extremely minimal.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for cheeck enhancement

+1

Radiesse is one of my favorite fillers for cheek enhancement.  It is a thicker filler than the hyaluronic acids and often will provide more lift, but needs to be injected deeply for best results.  It can be injected in the fat or over the bone, but should not be injected in the dermis, because this will result in lumps.  It is also a very nice filler for correcting jowls and contouring the jawline.  Because this product cannot be dissolved (unlike the hyaluronic acids), it is important to have a board certified physician with experience in cosmetics perform the injections. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Aventura Dermatologist

Radiesse on Actual Cheekbone?

+1

Sometimes individuals will need more than 3 syringes to get the volume they need. I would recommend for you to go back to the place where you got it done and have them assess it.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for facial volume augmentation

+1

Radiesse is a deep soft tissue filler which works well for volume augmentation.  I typically place it on the facial bone plane areas to give the best results.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

The deeper the filler, the more product it takes to get a result.

+1

Radiesse can be used on the bone and probably lasts a long time there.  However, because it is so deep, more porduct is going to be required to get a similar result with the product in a more shallow position.

Radiesse injections to the cheeks and nasolabial folds

+1

I use Radiesse successfully on the soft tissue of the cheeks and this provides an excellent way to enhance facial proportions. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Restoring facial volume with Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a deeper filler which is often placed close to the bone to generate more volume and create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. As other physicians have recommended, using Radiesse for the lower face would be of benefit for you. Either Radiesse or Sculptra would be excellent for this. The video link below shows me injecting my wife with Radiesse into the lower cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw line and my web site has some nice before and after pictures of this treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon