Can I Get Otoplasty If I Smoke? And Will it Be Half Price if its a Small Adjustment?

I'm a 21 male and I'm a smoker. I will still be able to get Otoplasty? or do I need to stop smoking for some time? And I just only want a little pinned back. My ears doesn't stick out that far. Will I still get a full price? Or half? Thanks

Otoplasty and Smoking

Ideally, all patients should stop smoking prior to any surgical procedure,  Smoking can impair healing afterwards.  

The cost for a procedure is based on the time, complexity involved, and many other factors.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need to stop smoking prior to surgery

Patients must stop smoking prior to surgery.  Smoking will compromise healing and increase the risk of infection.  The same amount of work needs to be performed on the otoplasty whether the ear sticks out a small amount or a large amount.  Cost of otoplasty depends on whether both ears or just one ear will be operated on.

Smoking and Otoplasty

You will need to stop smoking for several weeks before and after otoplasty surgery. You certainly don't want to jeopardize the result or how it heals by not doing everything to help the process. The cost of otoplasty is variable and depends on how much work/time it takes to achieve the desired result. That will need to be determined individually for each plastic surgeon.

Otoplasty questions

It is always best to stop smoking before and after any surgical procedure as it does have an adverse effect on wound healing.  As far as cost this can only be determined at the time of a consultation, most procedure costs are based on time.  

Otoplasty Smoking and Pricing

It is best to quit smoking before and immediately after surgery. Some offices make this a requirement and some admonish strongly.

The costs for otoplasty varies significantly around the country. Our cost for otoplasty ranges from $2500 to $5000 + MD Anesthesia Related Costs (if necessary). Your surgery may be on the lower end of the range. More expensive cities such as London or New York or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons may be more expensive.

To maximize value while maintaining quality, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own AAAASF nationally accredited facility, These surgeons must maintain the highest quality to keep the accreditation, have greater incentive to ensure a higher caliber of staff who detailed knowledge of plastic surgery procedures, will maintain comfortable and safe operating facilities to maximize patient referral, and ensure minimal waste to keep costs to a minimum.

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Smoking and Recovery after Otoplasty

In my practice, I do require all patients having any type of facial surgery to quit smoking for a minimum of 3-4 weeks before and 2 weeks after surgery.  The face is very vascular and nicotine constricts blood vessels.  There is the potential for the skin to die if vessels are constricted and healing is not able to take place.  As far as the pricing goes, we would need to see you in the office to give you an estimate.