Can I Get Otoplasty If I Smoke? And Will it Be Half Price if its a Small Adjustment?

I'm a 21 male and I'm a smoker. I will still be able to get Otoplasty? or do I need to stop smoking for some time? And I just only want a little pinned back. My ears doesn't stick out that far. Will I still get a full price? Or half? Thanks

Otoplasty and Smoking

+1

Ideally, all patients should stop smoking prior to any surgical procedure,  Smoking can impair healing afterwards.  

The cost for a procedure is based on the time, complexity involved, and many other factors.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need to stop smoking prior to surgery

+1

Patients must stop smoking prior to surgery.  Smoking will compromise healing and increase the risk of infection.  The same amount of work needs to be performed on the otoplasty whether the ear sticks out a small amount or a large amount.  Cost of otoplasty depends on whether both ears or just one ear will be operated on.

Smoking and Otoplasty

+1

You will need to stop smoking for several weeks before and after otoplasty surgery. You certainly don't want to jeopardize the result or how it heals by not doing everything to help the process. The cost of otoplasty is variable and depends on how much work/time it takes to achieve the desired result. That will need to be determined individually for each plastic surgeon.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Otoplasty questions

+1

It is always best to stop smoking before and after any surgical procedure as it does have an adverse effect on wound healing.  As far as cost this can only be determined at the time of a consultation, most procedure costs are based on time.  

Otoplasty Smoking and Pricing

+1

It is best to quit smoking before and immediately after surgery. Some offices make this a requirement and some admonish strongly.

Regarding fees, each office has their own policies regarding pricing. Less complex cases tend to have cost savings due to less anesthesia and facility time.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Smoking and Recovery after Otoplasty

+1

In my practice, I do require all patients having any type of facial surgery to quit smoking for a minimum of 3-4 weeks before and 2 weeks after surgery.  The face is very vascular and nicotine constricts blood vessels.  There is the potential for the skin to die if vessels are constricted and healing is not able to take place.  As far as the pricing goes, we would need to see you in the office to give you an estimate.

Steven Vath, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon