Will low profile implants give me more cleavage? (photo)

Im 5'4 and weigh 113 pounds so I'm a fairly small woman. My breast are seven fingers apart I also used a ruler and measured 4 inches apart. I'm horribly embarrassed and have no self esteem. Right now I'm a low B Cup and would like to be a 34C but with a natural look that's very important to me. Will a low profile implant increase my cleavage because when breasts are far apart they look a bit uunnatural? Thank you all.

Cleavage after breast augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question. Low profile or moderate profile plus breast implants have a wider base than high profile breast implants. The theory is that a lower profile wider base implant will occupy more of the space on your chest wall and may improve cleavage.

However cleavage after breast augmentation depends primarily on the method of placement of the implant. Your surgeon will determine where the medial or inside edge of the implant is placed and the effect it has on cleavage. Please discuss this with your surgeon.

BBA

+1
The distance between your breasts can only be helped a bit by implants.  Your breasts will still be widely set after an augmentation.  As for sizing, you need a thorough sizing session in person to determine the best size for you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Lift essential, implants optional

+1

Implants only add volume, they do not change shape or position of your breasts. You would benefit from a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection. If you are a 34 B and desire a C, all you would require is 100 cc implants and this can be done simultaneously. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question and your picture.

I can definitely see your concern and in my opinion breast implants will help you build that wanted cleavege. I believe that a lower profile implant might give you a closer one due to the wider bottom they have, how ever as your breast and cleavege might be larger the possibility of getting them closer and straight is not a large one.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Which implants yield the best cleavage? (Moderate profile are the widest!)

+1

Thanks for including photos! Yours clearly show your concern with breasts that are widely spaced on your chest wall. Breast enlargement with implants will give you larger breasts, and the widest profile implants (least projection for a given volume) will yield the closest cleavage.

To some extent, this is size-related. Obviously, large(r) implants have wide(r) base diameters, and when centered properly beneath your nipple/areola complexes, will give a certain cleavage width. The larger the implants, the closer they get in the center, and also the more "side boob" you will have. For widely-spaced breasts, it may take fairly large (even with moderate profile) implants to give you "close" cleavage. Maybe larger than you wish. But small(er) implants still need to be centered beneath your nipples--you can't simply take small implants and put them close together in the cleavage area, or else you get "wall-eyed nipples" that point sideways! Not a good look at all!

Since you want only a cup and a half or so of enlargement, this involves implants that are in the 400cc size range (or thereabouts). 420cc Allergan silicone gel moderate profile implants have a base diameter of 14.0cm (the 390cc implants have a 13.6cm base). This would not give you a cleavage that is close, deep, or sharply defined, but you would have enough breast volume to now fill a beautiful push-up bra that can accomplish your goals.

Even moderate profile 650cc implants (that would add about 2 1/2 cups to your present size) have a diameter of 16.0cm, but 2cm more per side equals about and inch and a half "narrower" cleavage. But you might now have larger breasts than you wish. Consultation and compromise may be in order here, and the best way to achieve your best cosmetic outcome would be to obtain several consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breast surgery. For some examples of my breast augmentation patients that can help clarify how anatomy plays a role in outcomes, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Will low profile implants give me more cleavage?

+1

It will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

You should be prepared to receive multiple different opinions of the best way to proceed. It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

---------

Choosing implants for better cleavage

+1

Dear Chelmay45,

You have several options in terms of shaping the appearance of your chest and breasts. An implant that matches your chest and breast width will allow better cleavage. If your chest muscle is attached further to the side you may want to look into placement of the implant on top of the muscle. I would start by measuring your breast width and then look through the implant brands and categories to see if there is one that meets both your width and volume requirements.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Cleavage

+1

Unfortunately the cleavage you have is the cleavage you have. Implants may make you larger and give the illusion of being closer but in fact the cleavage won't change much and if it does it might not be more aesthetically pleasing

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon