Prevelle Risks or Side Effects

What are the risks of side effects of Prevelle Silk and Prevelle? What should I know before getting the treatments?

Not Very Risky

+2

Prevelle would generally have the same risks as the other hyaluronic fillers. As I see it the main risk is tissue necrosis if the filler impinges on a blood vessel. There would beb a slight additinal risk of an allergic reaction to the xylocaine that is used as an anesthetic in the syringe. However, this risk is very small.

In some ways Prevelle woudl be a little less risky than the other hyaluronic filler since it does not last as long.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Risk with Prevelle

+1

The risk is very, very low.  Prevelle is really smooth so lumpiness is rare.  The risk of injecting a small artery and causing a loss of skin is really, really low.  If the Prevellle is injected in the wrong area or too much is used it will be gone by three months. For almost immediate reversal of the Prevelle, the area can be injected with hyaluronidase which will dissolve it overnight.

The risk of any filler is very dependent upon the person injecting it.  It is important to seek out a physician who is very familiar with the underlying anatomy, a surgeon for example! 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD