Prevelle - What Areas Does It Work For?

What areas does Prevelle Silk and Prevelle work on?

Prevelle is HA Filler treatment for fine lines

+2

Prevelle is a non-animal hyaluronic acid similar to Restylane and Juvederm. The main difference is the concentration of HA in the gel and the presence of the anesthetic agent lidocaine in Prevelle product. In Resylane and Juvederm the concentration of HA is about 4 times greater. How does this impact treatment indications? Prevelle may be the HA best suited to treat fine dermal lines around the mouth much as we are currently using Cosmoderm. Cosmoderm is soon to become unavailable, making Prevelle Silk the filler treatment of choice for fine lines.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prevelle for lips and fine lines

+1

Because Prevelle is a softer filler, I like to use it for lips and fine wrinkles. It's longevity tends to be shorter than Juvederm and Restylane, but I have encountered less lump with it as well. It's not as "volumizing" as some of the other fillers but works well on shallow surfaces.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Prevelle is great for lips.

+1

Prevelle is my filler of choice for lip augmentation.  It is really soft and smooth and it doesn't hurt very much to inject.  Prevelle contains local anesthetic and is well tolerated (even into a sensitive area like the lips).  Very few of my Prevelle patients have any significant bruising or swelling and really, truly could have Prevelle in the morning and go out to dinner that evening.  The downside is that Prevelle does not last as long as other filler.  Most of my Prevelle patients get injected every 4 - 6 months. 

I also like Prevelle for smokers' lines and some of the very fine facial lines.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD