Prevelle Vs. Prevelle Silk - What's the Difference?

What is the difference between Prevelle and Prevelle Silk?

Prevelle Silk versus Prevelle

+3

Coincidentally, to your question, the Johnson and Johnson representative visited my office today.

Johnson and Johnson purchaed the Mentor Corporation. Mentor was the company that developed Prevelle and Prevelle silk. Mentor was a relatively small company, very familiar to my plastic surgery colleagues since they manufactured breast implants. Now that they have been taken over by J&J, with their massive marketing potential, you will hear much more about these two products.

Both of these products are hyaluronic acid fillers. This one comes with an anesthetic and therefore should be less painful than their competitors Juvederm and Restylane.

Prevelle is designed for the finer lines, areas of more delicate skin, such as "smoker's lines" and crow's feet. It is to be injected in the upper and mid-dermis. Prevelle silk is recommended for somewhat deeper lines and will be placed in the mid to lower dermis.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.