How Much Pressure Can Saline Breast Implants Withstand?

i'm kinda into rough sex and wanted to know how much pressure can be applied to saline implants.

Would Rough Sex Burst My Saline Breast Implants?

+5

Regarding: "How Much Pressure Can Saline Breast Implants Withstand? i'm kinda into rough sex and wanted to know how much pressure can be applied to saline implants"

Breast Implants are engineered to withstand a large amount of sudden pressure and an even larger amount of gradually increasing pressure. Although one can never discount the depth and heights of both human ingenuity and stupidity, I seriously doubt you and your partner can generate enough sudden pressure to burst a breast implant while engaging in mankind's favorite pastime. All bets are off if your idea of lovemaking involves a NFL linebacker and resembles an WWF slam fest...

Dr. Peter Aldea

How much pressure can saline breast implants withstand?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Altitude and pressure have no effect on breast implants, whether saline or silicone. It is safe to travel by air within pressurized cabins or even scuba dive without concern. No further precautions should be taken during these activities. Certainly, discuss any concerns with your surgeon prior.

In the same manner, blunt force will unlikely cause rupture. Repeated trauma from the folding if the implant over time is known to be associated with rupture. Obviously, penetrating trauma from sharp objects will also result in rupture. Both saline and silicone implants are very durable and daily activities will not cause any increased risk to the integrity of the implant. Hope that thus helps. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Saline breast implant rupture, leak or deflation

+1

Saline implants are remarkably durable. I have punctured them with a needle and this still do nto deflate unless squeezed. Repeated folding may cause them to rupture inthe the same way a wire hanger will break when repeatedly folded. If you were to participate in rough sex everyday perhaps your implants would rupture earlier than a person who did not do so. However, they can withstand signifcant amounts of pressure, I can stand on them with a shoe and my full body weight and they have remained intact.

No Worries!

+1

Blunt force does relatively nothing to implants unless they have been weakened by severe rippling. A long as you avoid sharp objects, you should be fine.

George Sanders, MD

How durable are saline breast implants ?

+1

Thanks for the question.

Saline implants are extremely durable utilizing a silicone elastomer shell. I think you would be safe to undergo most day to day activities. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Breast implant rupture or deflation

+1

Breast implants (both companies Allergan and Mentor) makes extremely good implants with durable silicone elastomer shells.  I have met and even worked with the biomedical engineers involved in testing and production of the implants.  When the "test" each implant they fill them up to something at least as large as basketballs even for very small implant sizes to test the "burst strength".  At some point they will rupture but it is like filling a water balloon ten times over... The silicone shells are much stronger than you think.  So as I tell my patients, you are not going to burst your implants from hugging, or activity, or even mild trauma.  I have had a patient with a airbag deploy in a minor accident and her implants were fine.  It is theoretically possible to rupture from pressure, but the most common reason for saline deflation is spontaneous and it just happens in a small degree of patients over time (approximately 1% per year).  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

Rough sex and breast implants

+1
If the sex is rough enough to break a rib you might have to worry about rupturing a breast implant.  Otherwise, knock yourself out.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Saline implants are tough and hard to rupture

+1

The saline implant is very durable and compressible and is difficult to rupture, even with rough sex.  You can expect to put your breast to any physical challenge without worry.

peterejohnsonmd

Saline Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation Tolerate Rough Sex

+1

Saline breast implants are well made and in fact are usually warrantied for rupture by the manufacture.  Initially it would be extremely hard to break the implant though blunt trauma to them, however over time the shell and valves can become worn and can leak.  If a leak develops pressure will cause the deflation to occur quicker.  We have not seen a rupture develop from rough handling.  Sharp objects are more likely to cause a rupture of the saline breast implant shell than diffuse pressure.  Enjoy your implants! 

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implants and rough sex

+1

I don't think you have to worry unless you plan on becoming a human dart board.  I have had patient hit steering wheels in car accidents and break ribs while the implants remain intact.  I think you can rest assure you will be fine.  Enjoy your implants.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon