Can Pregnant Women Use Latisse?

I am in my second trimester and wondering, is it safe to use Latisse as directed, on my eyelashes?

Would not Advise

+2

We physicians seem to get this sort of question a lot on Real Self.

I, and I vouchsafe, all physicians are very cautious during pregnancy. We always look at the risk/benefit ratio when determining whether a drug should be used during pregnancy. Since the benefit is purely cosmetic, the risk easily outweighs any benefit. Thus, I would wait until you have delivered your baby. Then you can use Latisse, providing you will not be nursing.

And congratulations!!

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Better not to

+1
To be on the safe side, I would recommend you stop using Latisse while pregnant. There is no research indicating the impact of the product on pregnancy, so it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Latisse and Pregnancy

+1
Latisse is a category C drug so it is not recommended. There are no adequate or well controlled studies except for animal reproductive study but Latisse should only be administered during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. 

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and Pregnancy

+1

Latisse has NOT been tested on pregnant women and therefore should not be used until you ask your OB/GYN and receive the okay from your doctor.  Always better to be cautious and talk to your doctor first.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD