Is It Possible to Remove Mole Near Tear Duct?

I have a mole near my eye, in close proximity to the tear duct. I am just wondering if it is possible to get this mole removed and whether I should see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Thanks for any reply.

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment.

Yes but tread cautiously

+1

If the tear duct is damaged, a possibility is tearing unless a further procedure is done to correct it. Most oculoplastic surgeons work well near the tear duct. I am sure the surgeon you are seeing would use their judgement and not take a chance if it is out of their range. Tearing from tear duct damage can need a glass tube to be placed in the eye socket to drain the tears which doesn't work as well as good old mother nature.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Mole removal near tear duct

+1

As a dermatologist, I frequently remove moles near the tear duct. Certainly one has to be careful, and thus a specialist such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon are both quite capable of doing this safely and with great results.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon