Possible Nerve Damage from Smart Lipo MPX

I had Liposuction with Laser MPX (Smart Lipo MPX) in my hip area. It has been almost 6 months and I am still in discomfort. I'm experiencing tingling senations, numbness, and pain when the area is touched. I am afraid my doctor hit some nerves. Can this be nerve damage, and if so, will it ever get better?

Smartlipo numbness

+1

The numbness that you are feeling is normal and will subside eventually. Make a follow up appointment with your surgeon for them to take a closer look at the area and that you are healing correctly.

Surgical complications

+1

There are always possibilities of nerve problems following a surgical procedure. The good thing is that it is usually time limited. There is always a possibility of a permanent problem, but I have yet to see a patient in our practice with this situation. Please do not wait to go back to the physician who did this procedure and ask for help. I hopes this helps a little. Take care

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Check back with the doctor who did the procedure.

+1

Check back with the doctor who did the procedure.  You may also want to get a second opinion from a nuerologist.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.